Shan-Ching TECH INC.
R-phycoerythrin(R-PE), is a kind of fluorescent proteins with useful spectroscopic properties in the visible region of the spectrum are widely used for analysis of cells and molecules in numerous Xuorescence assays with flow cytometry and Xuorescence microscopy. R-phycoerythrin (R-PE) is a phycobiliprotein isolated from marine red algae that exhibits extremely bright red-orange scence. It is excited by Argon laser from 488 to 533 nm, and fluorescence emission peak at 565 nm.
R-phycoerythrin can absorbe photons, and transfer excitons to the red-orange fluorescence.
R-phycoerythrins are widely used in biochemical techniques. R-phycoerythrin can be used as probe in fluorescence flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy and fluorescence immunoassay. Phycoerythrin is also particularly appropriate for use as a protein marker and has industrial applications in food, cosmetics, pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
Recent studies have suggested that the red alga can inhibit cell proliferation of cancer cell. The antitumor activity of red alga is related to various chemical constituents of red alga such as phycoerythrin. Recent studies have suggested that R-phycoerythrin also have high antioxidant activity.
Phycoerythrin have unique spectral features (like strong absorbance and fluorescence) and some imperative properties like hepato-protective, anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging activity enable their use in food, cosmetics, pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
Phycoerythrin have been also noted to show beneficial effect in therapeutics of some disease like Alzheimer and cancer.
Compared with traditional chemical fluorescent dyes, R-Phycoerythrin have more advantages.
1. R-Phycoerythrin displayed a good stability to pH and temperature variations and it’s broad excitation spectrum provides the advantage fluorescein in. It can be excited with versatile excitation sources. R-Phycoerythrin have a strong emission peak that exists at 565 nm.
2. R-Phycoerythrin can be excited by light over a broad range of wavelengths, and easy to identify the emission peak at 565 nm.
3. R-Phycoerythrin have the brightest and stable fluorescent. R-Phycoerythrin also have high stability and detection sensitivity.
4. R-Phycoerythrin are very soluble in water. and easy to conjugation. R-Phycoerythrin contributes less to background signal due to non-specific binding.
5. R-Phycoerythrin isolate from marine red algae. No toxic side effects, no radioactivity, very safe to use.